Terms & Policies
Made To Order Jewelry
We guarantee our rings to be free of manufacturing defects. If you believe your ring (mounting) has a defect you may contact us within 24 hours of delivery. We will repair or replace your defective ring as deemed appropriate. Crown Nine will also cover the cost of all repairs under normal wear for the first six months after purchase. However, if the ring is noticeably damaged by way of being bent or showing improper care we will repair the ring at cost. Center stones (diamond/sapphire/other) are not included in this warranty and would need to be covered by way of insurance. Items older than six months are also eligible for repair, there may be a small fee for rings that are 'well-loved.'
To be eligible for the warranty:
- Small diamond(s)/ sapphires must not be exposed to unreasonable force or harmful conditions.
- The warranty does not apply to a product that has had any blunt force trauma, has been stored or handled incorrectly, abused, altered, or treated by incorrect cleaning methods.
- The piece must not be altered or resized by any other jeweler.
- Warranty is applied to the original purchaser of the product; the warranty is not transferable.
RETURNS/ EXCHANGES/ STORE CREDIT
Due to Covid-19, we are adapting our return policy to be more open; we ask for your partnership in considering prior to purchase that we are a small company and make everything by hand which is both resource and time intensive to craft. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, we will assist in the following ways:
In stock Vow items
Return/ exchange/ store credit
within 3 days for refund; within 7 days for exchange/ store credit
Made to order Vow items
Exchange/ store credit
within 7 days, 15% restock fee
Bespoke Modified Vow items
Exchange/ store credit
within 7 days, 15% restock fee. Must be approved in advance of purchase
Fully custom one of a kind items
Rebuild eligible for flat fee plus any additional materials
within 14 days, fee listed on Custom contract.
- One resizing within 90 days; 2-7 day turnaround (5-14 days for platinum). If a ring requires a full remake due to incorrect size submission there will be a fee assessed. Most other styles have a 1 size tolerance up or down without risk of a fee, but again this is case-by-case. Eternity bands require exact ring size and will require a full rebuild/incur a charge. Please inquire about the sizing limits of your purchase.
- Routine cleaning or refinishing; 1-3 day turnaround
- Prong tip checks, overall inspection
- 10% off lifelong discount code to use for all future purchases including wedding bands, bespoke and custom jewelry.
FEE BASED SERVICES
- Resizing (beyond initial complimentary service). This is done at our discretion and rates vary based on complexity of the adjustment.
- Add sizing bars or beads
- Third party appraisals
- Routine inspection or repair services such as retipping, adding sizing adjusters, or resetting stones
- Engraving, recommended after resizing (see terms)
Crown Nine Jewelry 515 9th St, Oakland, CA 94607 (510) 251-9000
- Some metals can cause allergy, resulting in rashes or discoloration of the skin.
- Allergies can develop over time from exposure.
- The most common allergen is nickel, which is used as alloy in 14k white gold.
- We recommend opting for higher karat gold or hypoallergenic options like Palladium or Platinum for skin sensitive types.
- Make up and personal care products containing titanium dioxide can cause abrasion on gold jewelry, resulting in skin discoloration.
______ Please initial that you have read the above allergy notice if your order contains white gold.
- We automatically hold-off on posting images on our social media and website until 90 days after purchase, in case there is a surprise component to your project.
______ Please initial here if you would like to waive this 90 day wait period, making images immediately available to post.
- All In-Stock Vow designs are eligible for exchange/store credit within 7 days of purchase, subject to approval.
- All returns/exchanges will undergo a rigorous inspection of materials prior to being accepted. Eligibility for exchanges are voided if the client opts to resize the ring. Store credit is good for purchasing anything in the shop, including custom services, and does not expire.
- While we pride ourselves on making every effort to ensure satisfaction and will work with clients to refine a design to match desired results, we do this on a case-by-case basis and there may be fees associated. Our mission and core aim is to please every client, however satisfaction is a subjective measure and we will not be held liable for dissatisfaction of any form.
- Crown Nine retains the right to cancel orders or refuse service. We may choose to review an order if we opt to cancel before completion and offer fair and reasonable refunds when approved, but are not required to return any money or materials purchased on behalf of the client.
- While we pride ourselves on providing the highest level of craftsmanship, we make no warranties of any kind beyond our 24 hour manufacturer defect warranty. We cover the cost of routine repair and maintenance during the first 6 months after purchase, except for center stones. To protect your purchase, we recommend purchasing an insurance policy or adding it to an existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy.
- We retain the right to refuse a resizing if the integrity of the jewelry will be put at risk. Eternity bands must have an approved sizing prior to purchase and are final sale even in cases in which the ring cannot be resized.
- We are not responsible for the contents or claims of documentation provided by any third party appraisal including those we provide on behalf of a client.
- Engravings are best done after resizing; if you opt to have a ring engraved prior to any resizing you assume the risk of the removal and reapplication of the engraving changing the look and nature of the ring. Some rings may require a full rebuild and will incur a fee.
- Crown Nine is not liable for any loss, theft, or mysterious disappearance of any kind including jewelry items shipped to or from the Crown Nine location regardless of service used or protections promised to the shipper by the shipping service.
You hereby release and discharge Crown Nine, its employees, members, managers, assigns, and successors, from any and all claims and causes of action, damages, and other liability of any nature whatsoever, which you may have or claim to have against us. You recognize that the client making the purchase is the owner of the jewelry item and is the only person who can serve as an agent or representative for cleanings, repairs, appraisals, or discussions about adjusting a design or other services associated with the purchase.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, are disclaimed by Crown Nine. We do not accept liability beyond the remedies set forth herein, including but not limited to any liability for a product not being available for use, lost profits or loss of business, except as expressly provided herein. Crown Nine will not be liable for any consequential, special, indirect or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any third party. You further acknowledge that you have read Crown Nine Client Material Waiver in full and completely understand all the contents of the agreement.
You further acknowledge that you have read Crown Nine Terms & Policies in full and completely understand all the contents of the agreement.